The lesson plan
1. Introduction to the theme (5 min)
2. Pre-listening discussion (10 min)
3. Active vocabulary (10-15 min)
4. Listening text II (15-18 min)
5. Listening comprehension (13-18 min)
6. Speaking practice (17-22 min)
7. Homework (1 min)
Introduction to the theme
As an introduction to the lesson “An English speaking country” for students a teacher may say that it is impossible to know the language without knowing anything about its country, culture and traditions.
Ask students to answer the following questions:
Ask students to study the Russian equivalents to the following words and word combinations and to pronounce them correctly and to make up examples with the words:
to be situated быть расположенным
to consist состоять
in practice фактически, на практике
Prime Minister премьер-министр
highly developed высокоразвитый
Ask students to listen to text II “Great Britain” paying attention to the discussed words and word combinations.
I.Ask students to correct the statements if they find them wrong. Use such phrase as: I agree with you. You are right. or I’m afraid I don’t agree with you. That’s not true/right.
2. FALSE The surface of the British Isles varies much.
3. FALSE There are a lot of rivers in Great Britain but they are not very long.
4. TRUE The climate of the British Isles is mild because of the Gulf stream and mountains.
5. FALSE The UK is the one of the smallest country in the world.
7. FALSE The Queen is the head of the state.
8. FALSE London is the capital of Great Britain.
9. FALSE The UK is a highly developed industrial country.
II. Ask students to answer the following questions using the information from the text.
1. Yes. It is. It is situated in the British Isles.
2. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are the parts of Great Britain.
3. Yes. It does.
4. No, there aren’t. There are a lot of rivers in Great Britain but they are not long and deep.
5. The mountains and the warm waters of Gulf Stream influence the climate of the British Isles.
6. The UK is the one of the smallest country in the world.
7. The UK is a monarchy. The Queen is the head of the state.
8. The Prime Minister rules the country.
9. The UK highly developed industrial country.
10. London is the capital of Great Britain.
Ask students to discuss the text “Great Britain” with their partners using newly learnt words and introduce their final work to the class. Ask them to discuss the territory of the UK; the climate of The British Isles; the political and economic structure of Great Britain.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-20; просмотров: 113 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Lesson I|||||Lesson 4|