|I||am||a genius||aren’t||I?||- Yes, I am./No, I am not.|
|He||a teenager||he?||- Yes, he is./No, he isn’t|
|She||is||a Londoner||isn’t||she?||- Yes, she is./No, she isn’t|
|It||far from here||it?||Yes, it is./No, it isn’t.|
|We||we?||-Yes, we are./ No, we aren’t.|
|You||are||in the city centre||aren’t||you?||- Yes, you are./No, you aren’t.|
|They||they?||- Yes, they are./ No, they aren’t.|
|I||am not||a schoolboy||am||I?||- No, I’m not./ Yes, I am.|
|He||isn’t||married||is||he?||- No, he isn’t./ Yes, he is.|
|She||isn’t||at home||is||she?||- No, she isn’t./Yes, she is.|
|It isn't easy, is. it? - No, it isn't. / Yes, it is.|
|We You They||aren't old, are||We? — No, we aren't. / Yes, we are. you? - No you aren’t / Yes, you are. they? -No, they aren't / Yes, they are.|
Exercise 11. Give the correct tag to these sentences.
Exercise 12. Ask questions about the information in italics. Example: My mother is 50. — How old is your mother?
1. I'm from a small town in the South of Russia. /Where are you from?
2. Yes, Linda is a first-year student. /Is Linda a first-year student?
3. Tom and Sue are sociable and very intelligent. /What kind of people are Sue and Tom?
4. My sister is fond of classical music. /Who is interested in music?
5. I am a bank clerk. /What are you?
6. Today Tony is at home because it's Sunday. /Why is Tony at home today?
7. His home telephone number is 678-899. /What is his telephone number?
8. It's 4 o'clock and you are at work. /Why are you at work?
E. Bazanova, Moscow, Drofa.
– Put in am, is or are.
10. Ann is at home but her children are at school.
11. I am a student. My sister is an architect.
– Write full sentences. Use am/is/are each time.
10. (those flowers very beautiful).Those flowers are beautiful.
– Write positive or negative sentences. Use am/am not/is/isn't/are/aren't.
10. (diamonds/cheap) Diamonds aren’t cheap.
– Write questions from these words. Use am/Is/are.
– Write questions with What/Who/How/Where/Why ...? Use am/is/are.
– Write positive or negative short answers (Yes, I am/No, he isn't etc.).
Raymond Murphy, Essential Grammar in Use.
Exercise 1. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
I goto bed at 11.00 p.m. (go)
Jack speaks fluent French. (speak)
Her children enjoy game shows and cartoons. (enjoy)
She always tells funny jokes. (tell)
My sister and I often try to read newspapers in English. (try)
People use personal computers at home. (use)
It takes him about half an hour to get home from college. (take)
Дата добавления: 2015-07-20; просмотров: 139 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|