The lesson plan
1. Introduction to the theme (3 min)
2. Pre-reading discussion (10 min)
3. Active vocabulary (10-15 min)
4. Reading text (15-20 min)
5. Reading comprehension (13-18 min)
6. Speaking practice (17-22 min)
7. Homework (1 min)
As an introduction to the lesson “My country” for students a teacher may say that there are a lot of countries in the world but there is no country like your Motherland. Moreover it is impossible to know the language without knowing the country where it is spread.
Ask students to comment on the following proverbs:
East or west home is best.
There is no place like home.
Ask students to find Russian equivalents to the following words and word combinations and to pronounce them correctly:
transcontinental adj. crossing the continents трансконтинентальный, пересекающий континент
area n. geographical region of indefinite boundary область, район, местность
mineral and energy resources natural resources in the form of minerals: natural resources producing energy (gas, oil etc.) полезные ископаемые и энергетические ресурсы
border n. a line determining the limits of an area граница
population n. the people who inhabit a territory or state население
vary v. become different различаться
steppes n. huge plain without trees степи
plains n. flat open land равнины
forests n. land that is covered with trees леса
tundra n. vast plain without trees in the arctic regions тундра
taiga n. thick forests in the northern regions тайга
mild adj. soft мягкий
heat n. high temperature жаркий период года
unbearable adj. impossible to bear, to stand невыносимы
moderate adj. not extreme умеренный
continental adj. typical to Europe континентальный
Ask students to read the text I “Russia” paying attention to pronunciation of the discussed words and word combinations.
I.Ask students to find in the text English equivalents for the following Russian phrases.
mineral and energy resources (полезные ископаемые и энергетические ресурсы), ninth-largest (девятый по величине), shares land borders (граничить), the breakup of the Soviet Union (развал Советского Союза), successor state (государство-преемник), devoted to (быть посвященным чему-то), churches and cathedrals (церкви и соборы)
II.Ask students to correct the statements if they find them wrong. Use such phrase as: I agree with you. You are right. or I’m afraid I don’t agree with you. That’s not true/right.
2. FALSE (It is the largest country in the world.)
3. FALSE (The area of Russia is over 17000000 square kilometers.)
4. FALSE (Russia has the world's ninth-largest population.)
5. FALSE (Because of its size, Russia's climate is also varied.)
III.Ask students to answer the following questions using the text.
1. Russia is situated both in Asia and Europe.
2. Yes, it is. Russia is rich in mineral and energy resources.
3. Yes, it is .Russia is the Soviet Union's successor state.
4. Russia share borders with 17 countries.
5. There are steppes in the south, plains and forests in the midlands, tundra and taiga in the north.
6. Because of its size, Russia's climate is also varied.
7. Russian is the official language of the country
8. Moscow is the capital of Russia, it is Russia’s largest city (. And an important economic and business center.
9. The population of Moscow is 8.3 million people.
10. No, Moscow is not only an economic and business center, its cultural tradition is rich, and there are many museums, churches and cathedrals.
Ask students to discuss the topic “Russia” with their partners using newly learnt words and introduce their final work to the class. Ask them to discuss the territory of Russia; the climate of Russia; the capital of Russia, using newly learnt words.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-20; просмотров: 114 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Special questions|||||Lesson 3|