Customer: You've received our claim, haven't you?
Contractor: Yes, and it came as a bit of a surprise, I must say. You hold us responsible for the delay in commissioning the plant. True, the work on the project was suspended for four months, but it was the result of many circumstances, among them force-majeure ones.
Cast.: Sure, leave alone the flood and the fire. What we mean is you've delayed the start up for another three months.7 We may have to claim penalties at fixed rates.
Contr.: Oh, I see. Let me explain things to you then. First, for more than two months we couldn't send our specialists to you, as you were having difficulty with accommodation. Then there was the matter of entry visas which couldn't come through for two months. And when our people finally arrived it turned out you were unable to get the right materials for them to work according to schedule. That was another two weeks.
Cust.: All this Is correct.But you never brought up the question of extension.
Contr.: We didn't. We saw no point in that since we're entitled to an extension anyway. But we are declining the claim.
Cust.: Well, I'm afraid things are not as simple as that. We'll have tolook into the matter again.
Contr.: Good. When could we have your reply?
Cust.: It'll take time. Anyway, we'll let you know as soon as we getthings straight.
Contr.: O.K. We'll be expecting your message.8
A few days later the contractor received the following e-mail message:
THE CLAIM IS WITHDRAWN, WE SHALL GRANT EXTENTION OF THE TIME FIXED IN CONTRACT 3525.
1. tend to come to terms aboutстремятся разрешить спорные disputes by negotiationвопросы путем переговоров
2. ii the latter does not ob-если тот не соблюдает serve
The latter «последний» означает последнее из упомянутых лиц.
3. which is often the caseчто часто имеет место
4. Attached to the shippingК отгрузочным документам было documents ... was your letterприложено письмо
5. on checking the goodsпри проверке полученного товара received
Причастие страдательного залога может стоять после определяемого им существительного.
6. the damage must have occur-повреждение, очевидно, произош-red in transitло в пути
7. for another three monthsеще на три месяца Ср. for another two weeks — еще на две недели
8. We'll be expecting yourМы будем ждать вашего извеще-message.ния.
|Форма Future Continuous употребляется для выражения ожидаемого действия в будущем. VOCABULARY LIST|
Дата добавления: 2015-07-08; просмотров: 203 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|UNIT 11 CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS|||||Dissatisfied party|