Our life would be hard without rest and recreation. People have quite different ideas of how to spend their free time. For some of them the only way to relax is watching TV or drinking beer. But other people use their spare time getting maximum benefit from it. If you enjoy doing some activity in your free time, than you have a hobby. A person's hobbies are not connected with his profession, but they are practiced for fun and enjoyment. A hobby gives one the opportunity of acquiring substantial skill, knowledge and experience. A hobby is a kind of self-expression and the way to understand other people and the whole world. A person's hobbies depend on his age, intelligence level, character and personal interests. What is interesting to one person can be trivial or boring to another. That's why some people prefer reading, cooking, knitting, collecting, playing a musical instrument, painting, photography, fishkeeping or playing computer games while others prefer dancing, travelling, camping or sports.
Collecting things is a very popular hobby and it may deal with almost any subject. Some people collect stamps, coins, badges, books, clocks or toys. Other people collect beer cans, key rings, stones, matchboxes, thimbles and all sorts of things. Once you've got a small collection you keep adding to it. Some people don't even remember how their collection started but now their house is crammed full of different knick-knacks which they can't use but keep for the sake of having them. But some people collect valuable and rare things as they consider it to be a good investment of their money.
If you are active and tired of town life, if you long for changes and want to get away from civilization, than camping is for you. It is a cheap way to rest, to improve your health, to train yourself physically and to enjoy nature. Some people prefer more extreme camping when they have to survive out-of-doors, orient themselves, obtain food from the wild, build shelters and adapt themselves to extremely cold weather. They learn to overcome any obstacles and become strong and self-reliant.
Ecotourism is becoming popular and fashionable all over the world, especially with people who try to damage the environment as little as possible. Tourists visit places of natural beauty and they usually travel on foot, by bicycle or boat so that there is no pollution. They stay in local houses or hotels and eat local food. Their aim is to enjoy nature, to experience the local culture and to get unforgettable impressions without polluting and wasting or destroying natural resources. They must keep places that they visit clean and safe. The principles of eco-tourism are 'Leave nothing behind you except footprints and take nothing away except photographs' and 'Take as much care of the places that you visit as you take of your own home'. If people remember these simple rules, we will be able to save our planet and to conserve the wildlife.
A hobby plays a very important educational, simulational and psychological role, makes you stronger physically and mentally, helps you escape from reality, improve your knowledge, broaden your mind, develop your skills and gain a better understanding of how the world works.
ІІ. Виконання післятекстових вправ.
2. До кожного речення (A— H) доберіть кінцівку (1—8):
A. If you enjoy doing some activity in your free time, than
B. A hobby gives one the opportunity of
C. A person's hobbies depend on his
D. What is interesting to one person
E. Some people collect valuable and rare things as they consider it
F. Camping is a cheap way
G. Ecotourism is popular with people who
H. A hobby plays a very important
1. age, intelligence level, character and personal interests.
2. educational, simulational and psychological role.
3. acquiring substantial skill, knowledge and experience.
4. try to damage the environment as little as possible.
5. you have a hobby.
6. can be trivial or boring to another.
7. to rest, to improve your health, to train yourself physically and to enjoy nature.
8. to be a good investment of their money.
3. Доберіть визначення до поданих слів:
|1. recreation||А the expression of one's feelings, thoughts, or ideas, esp. in writing, art, music, or dance|
|2. self-reliance||В modelling|
|3. self-expression||С activity done for enjoyment when one is not working|
|4. pollution||D trinket|
|5. knick-knack||E reliance on one's own powers and resources rather than those of others|
|6. simulation||F the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects|
4. Дайте відповіді на запитання:
1) How does a hobby influence a person's life?
2) What kinds of hobbies do you know?
3) Why do people collect different things?
4) What is your attitude to extreme camping?
5) Why is ecotourism fashionable today?
6) What are the principles of eco-tourism?
7) Why is it important to everybody to have a hobby?
8) How do you spend your spare time?
5.Підготуйте розповідь про свої захоплення та вивчіть її напам’ять.
ІІІ. Робота з граматичним матеріалом. Іменник. Множина іменника. Присвійний відмінок.
|Утворення множини іменників: A car – cars A dog – dogs||NOTE!!! A man – men A woman – women A child – children A mouse – mice A tooth – teeth A foot – feet An ox – oxen A sheep – sheep A deer – deer A swine – swine A goose – geese A fish – fish|
|A bus – buses A watch – watches A lunch – lunches A box – boxes|
|A story – stories A boy – boys|
|A tomato – tomatoes A hero – heroes|
|A half – halves A wolf –wolves|
|Іменники грецького та латинського походження: A phenomenon – phenomena A crisis – crises A radius - radii|
|NOTE!!! This is – these are That is – these are There is – there are It is – they are|
|Присвійний відмінок іменників: The child’s ball – The children’s balls The woman’s friend – The women’s friends My friend’s car – My friends’ cars|
ІV. Виконання граматичних вправ.
1.Утворіть форму множини:
Sister, banana, foot, tomato, disco, ray, garden, boy, lady, mouse, sandwich, box, house, church, gentleman, goose, student, sheep, leaf, box, potato, woman, country, man, swine, dress, ox, science, dolphin, ship, calendar, lorry, wolf.
2. Напишіть транскрипцію та перекладіть подані пари іменників:
Аnalysis – analyses, hypothesis – hypotheses, thesis – theses, nucleus – nuclei, octopus – octopuses, stimulus – stimuli, criterion – criteria, addendum – addenda, erratum – errata, datum – data, phenomenon – phenomena, papyrus – papyri.
3.Трансформуйте речення у форму множини:
1. This is a child. 2. This isn’t a baby. 3. This is a sheep. 4. This is a stranger. 5. This isn’t a mouse. 6. That is a doctor. 7. Is that a teacher? 8. This is a fish. 9. That is a leaf. 10. This is a half. 11. The factory is big. 12. There is a desk in this classroom. 13. She has a beautiful dress. 14. That gentleman knows my brother. 15. An apple is not a vegetable. 16. That table is made of wood.
4. Перекладіть англійською. Підкресліть іменники, що не вживаються у множині:
1. Fruit is useful for our health. 2. Mathematics is an interesting science. 3. His hair is dark. 4. No news is good news. 5. The dean was happy to see our progress. 6. This money belongs to my brother.7. My mother always gives me good advice. 8. There are apples, plums, pears and other fruit in the box. 9. Her knowledge is poor. 10. Butter is fresh. 11. Milk is useful. 12. Sugar is produced in Cuba.
5. Перефразуйте словосполучення, використовуючи присвійний відмінок:
the flat of my sister, the son of her mother, the name of this man, the mark of our student, the work of those men, the sister of my friend, the parents of that boy, the room of these people, the food of these dogs, the hobby of these gentlemen, the voice of this singer, the friend of Susan, the foot of the animal, the ball of my child.
6.Перекладіть англійською мовою, використовуючи присвійний відмінок. Вживайте апостроф там, де необхідно:
1. Ми взяли авто мого батька. 2. Хтось взяв гаманець Ніка. 3. Його ключі у кармані піджака. 4. Джейн працює в офісі мого дядька. 5. Мама Пітера – лікар. 6. Сукня цієї дівчини дуже дорога. 7. Моя дочка зачини двері кухні. 8. Дружина цього джентльмена працює в нашому офісі. 9. Чия це сумка? – Це моя сумка. 10. Водій автобуса зачинив двері.
V. Робота з текстом за професійним спрямуванням.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-26; просмотров: 724 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|KIEVAN RUS|||||RUSSIA UNDER PETER THE GREAT|