Revision test. – Complete the sentences
– Complete the sentences. Use the correct form of these verbs:
boil close cost cost go have
like meet open smoke speak teach wash
- She's very clever. She _speaks _ four languages.
- Steve _____ ten cigarettes a day. ,
- We usually _____ dinner at 7 o'clock.
- I _____ films. I often _____ to the cinema.
- Water _____ at 100 degrees Celsius.
- In Britain the banks _____ at 9.30 in the morning.
- The City Museum _____ at 5 o'clock every evening.
- Food is expensive. It _____ a lot of money.
- Shoes are expensive. They _____ a lot of money.
- Tina is a teacher. She _____ mathematics to young children.
- Your job is very interesting. You _____ a lot of people.
- Peter _____ his hair twice a week.
– II. Study this information:
How often do you ___?
1. drink coffee in the morning?
2. read newspapers?
3. get up before 7 o'clock?
|| Bob and Ann
Now write sentences about Bob and Ann, George and yourself. Use always/usually/often/ sometimes/never.
1. Bob and Ann never drink coffee in the morning.
George ____________________ in the morning.
2. Bob and Ann _________ newspaper.
– III. Write the negative.
1. I play the piano very well. ___________.
2. Jack plays the piano very well. Jack ___________very well.
3. You know the answer ___________.
4. She works very hard ___________.
5. They do the same thing every day ___________.
– IV. Write the opposite (positive or negative).
- I understand. _I don’t understand._
- He doesn't smoke. _He smokes._
- They know. They _______
- She loves him ______
- They speak English ______
- I don't want it _____
- She doesn't want them _____
- He lives in Rome _____
– Complete the sentences. All of them are negative. Use don't / doesn't + one of these verbs:
Cost drive go know play see sell smoke wash wear
- 'Have a cigarette.' 'No, thank you. I _don't smoke._
- They _____ newspapers in that shop.
- She has a car but she _____ very often.
- I like films but I _____to the cinema very often.
- He smells because he _____ very often.
- It's a cheap hotel. It _____ much to stay there.
- He likes football but he _____ very often.
- I _____ much about politics.
- She is married but she _____ a ring.
- He lives near our house but we _____ him very often.
– You are asking somebody questions. Write questions with Do/Does ...?
- I work hard. And you? _Do you work hard_?
- I play tennis. And you? _you_?
- I play tennis. And Ann? _Ann_?
- I know the answer. And you? _____ the answer?
- I like hot weather. And you? _____ ?
- I smoke. And your father? _____ ?
- I do exercises every morning. And you? _____ ?
- I beak English. And your friends? _____ ?
- I want to be famous. And you? _____?
– These questions begin with Where/What/How ...?
- I wash my hair twice a week. (how often/you?) _How often do you wash your hair_?
- I live in London. (where/you?) Where _____?
- I watch TV every day. (how often/you?) How _____?
- I have lunch at home. (where/you?) _____?
- I get up at 7.30. (what time/you?) _____?
- I go to the cinema a lot. (how often/you?) _____?
- I go to work by bus. (how/you?) _____?
– Use the verbs in the list to make questions. Use the word(s) in brackets ( ).
Дата добавления: 2015-07-20; просмотров: 407 | Нарушение авторских прав
Читайте в этой же книге: Lesson 1 | Introduction | Universities | New words | Lesson 6 | Verb to be (the Present Simple Tense) | Positive forms | Lesson 1 | Lesson 2 | Lesson 4 |
mybiblioteka.su - 2015-2020 год. (0.014 сек.)