1. She is one of the ___ chess-players in our institute.
a) good b) better c) best
2. It is ___ to study the language when you live in the country where it is spoken.
a) easyer b) easier c) easyest
3. She works ___ than in the previous semester.
a) little b) littler c) less
4. This was the ___ movie I have seen lately.
a) good b) better c) best
5. The ___ you remember the rules, the higher will be your test results.
a) better b) good c) best
6. ___ I know, English is now spoken all over the world.
a) as far as b) so long c) as soon as
7. The ___ the shop, the better the service.
a) expensiver b) more expensive c) most expensive
8. We got up ___ than usual.
a) earlier b) earliest c) earlyer
9. It is much ___ to do nothing than to work hard.
a) easy b) easiest c) easier
10. This is ___ canteen in our institute.
a) comfortabler b) the most comfortable c) more comfortable
11. This test is ___ than the previous one.
a) more difficult b) the most difficult c) difficulter
12. The ___ we climb, the harder it is to breathe.
a) highest b) higher c) high
13. This textbook is twice ___ that one.
a) thickest than b) so thick as c) as thick as
14. This was the ___ moment I have ever experienced.
a) worst b) baddest c) worse
15. Her ___ sister is a nurse.
a) elder b) older c) the oldest
16. You look ___. Have you lost weight?
a) thinner b) thiner c) the thinnest
17. The guides are likely to find ___ route of all possible.
a) good b) better c) the best
18. They found ___ solution ever.
a) the worst b) a worse c) bad
19. My brother is as ___ as my father.
a) tall b) taller c) tallest
20. This woman is not so ___ as my aunt.
a) youngest b) younger c) young
Put the adjective in brackets into the proper form.
1. The (strong) ___ the acid, the greater is the tendency to lose protons.
2. This is one of the (little) ___ studied natural phenomena.
3. The stronger the magnification, the (great) ___ is the possibility to detect whether the body is homogeneous.
4. My (old) ___ brother is now studying astronomy at the university.
5. The (fast) ___ an object moves, the greater is the air resistance.
6. The (low) ___ the atomic weight or atomic number of the inert gas, the lower are its boiling and melting points.
7. The dolphin is considered one of the (clever) ___ animals.
8. The larger the diameter, the smaller is the resistance and hence, the (much) ___ current will flow through it.
9. The (great) ___ the difference in temperature between two points, the more heat will flow per second.
10. The greater the number of free electrons in a substance, the (good) ___ that substance conducts electricity.
11. The more difficult is the task, the (interesting) ___ it is to solve it.
12. The streets in the centre of the city are (crowded) ___ than in the suburbs.
13. There are many (famous) ___ cafés in Los Angeles packed with celebrities.
14. This time it took us (little) ___ time to assemble the computer than the day before.
Say whether the underlined form of the adjective is correct. If not, give the correct one.
1. I am busier than my sister. _______
2. London is more older than New York. _______
3. It is the most sharp pencil I have. _______
4. This boy is as smart as his brother. _______
5. Be activer at your classes, please. _______
6. He makes more mistakes than you do. _______
7. Baseball is the popularest summer sport in America. _______
8. Yesterday she began feeling more bad._______
9. Mary’s answer is correcterthan yours. _______
10. Can you come earlier next time? _______
Дата добавления: 2015-10-30; просмотров: 101 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Choose one of the options to fill in the gaps.|||||Choose one of the options to fill in the gaps.|