Model 1.Ihave no spare time today. I won't go there.
If I hadspare time today, I would go there.
1. I am busy. I won't go to the museum.
2. Bess is ill. She won't join us.
3. Paul is not in Moscow. He won't come and see them.
4. It is rainy. The children won't go fora walk.
5. It is cold outside. We shan't go bathing.
6. The students have no classes on Sunday. They won't go to the University.
Model 2. She gave me a call. I didn't send her a letter.
If she had given me a call I would (n’t) have sent her a letter.
1. Mary gave me a warning (предупредить). I didn't tell them this news.
2. Vadim was ready for the lesson. He answered all the teacher's questions correctly.
3. These boys passed their entrance examinations successfully. They were admitted (приняты) to the University.
4. Fred had a good knowledge of French. He was sent to Paris to work at the exhibition (выставка).
5. Delia invited me to her birthday party. I prepared apresent to her taste.
6. The students were interested in the theme. They attended the lectures.
5. Make up sentences of your own according to the models. Use the words given in brackets.
1. It is necessary that you should do it.(to consult a doctor; to raise the question; to take part in the discussion; to make a thorough study of the subject)
2. It's important that the question be discussed today. (problem – to solve; telegram – to send; plan – to make)
3. I suggest (demand) that he should do it. (to go there immediately; to retake his exam again; to present his diploma paper in June, to organise ateam, to announce the results of the experiment)
4. I insist (propose) that the question be decided now. (materials – to publish in our journal; article – to translate into Russian; letter – to answer without delay; lecture on this theme – to deliver tomorrow; issue – to put on the agenda)
5. I wish I could (might) do it. (to take part inthis work; to arrange everything to help them; to master this language)
6. I wish you (he, she, they) would do it. (to fulfil your plan; to pass your exam; to defend your dissertation successfully)
7. I wish he (she, it) were here. (to be summer; to be winter; to be in London now; to be well; to be free)
6. Translate the following in English. Mind the Subjunctive Mood.
1. Если бы Пит не был занят, он бы навестил нас.
2. Если бы вы были более внимательны (careful), вы бы не сделали так много ошибок.
3. Если бы сейчас было лето, я бы загорал (to lie in the sun) и купался.
4. Если бы она не пропустила так много занятий, она бы сдала этот экзамен.
5. Если бы не ваша помощь, я бы не выполнил эту работу.
6. Никто не настаивает, чтобы вы участвовали в этих соревнованиях.
7. Я предлагаю, чтобы они провели обсуждение этой книги.
8. Необходимо, чтобы он пересдал этот экзамен.
9. Важно, чтобы все студенты участвовали в научной работе.
10. Как мне хотелось бы знать этот язык.
11. Жаль, что Питера нет в Москве. Он мог бы помочь нам.
12. Олег говорит по-французски так, как будто он долго жил во Франции.
7. Complete the sentences in this text using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
All the Difference
I often wonder how my life (l) (be) different if on that particular day I (2) (go) in the other direction. Or what (3) (happen) if- in those seconds – I (4)(walk) a little bit faster? She (5) (not be) able to do what she did, say things she said. If it (6) (not be) for these shy words of greeting, I (7) (not be) here now – I probably (8) (live) in the same city I grew up in. It is amazing how our lives depend on the most minute details: a split-second decision which makes all the difference. I (9) (ever find) romance at all if I (10) (not meet) Julia that day and if she (11) (decide) to walk on that path beside the trees? I possibly (12) (not do) what I did in my life if we (13) (not meet) on that bright, sunny morning. And if we (14) (not be) together now, I (15) (not be) the happiest man in the world.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 466 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Russian.|||||Complete the sentences in this text using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.|