Was / were + Ving= Past Continuous
Past Continuous употребляется для выражения действия, длившегося в определенный момент в прошлом или действия, проходившего на фоне совершения другого действия.
1. Just think. Two days ago at this time I was lying on the beach in the sun. -Только подумай. Два дня назад в это же самое время я лежал на пляже под солнцем.
2. When I came my parents were having tea. - Когда я пришел, мои родители пили чай.
3. While he was speaking to the teacher Iwas waiting for him. -Пока он разговаривал с учителем, я ждал его..
Оборот to be going to в Past Continuous употребляется для выражения имевшегося в прошлом намерения совершить действие.
I was going to say it yesterday - Я собирался сказать это вчера.
What were they going to do? - Что они собирались делать?
|Утвердительная форма||Отрицательная форма||Вопросительная форма|
|I was writing||I was not (wasn’t) writing||Was I writing?|
|He (she, it) was writing||He (she, it) was not (wasn’t) writing||Was he (she, it) writing?|
|We (you, they) were writing||We (you, they) were not (weren’t) writing||Were we (you, they) writing?|
1.Here is a list of some things that Ann did yesterday (and the times at which she did them):
|1. 8.45 a.m. – 9.15 a.m. had breakfast|
|2. 9.15 a.m. – 10.00 a.m. read the newspaper|
|3. 10.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m. cleaned her flat|
|4. 12.45 p.m. – 1.30 p.m. had lunch|
|5. 2.30 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. washed some clothes|
|6. 4.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m. watched television|
Now write sentences saying what she was doing at these times:
1. At 9 o’clock she was having breakfast.
2. At 9.30 a.m. she ……..
3. At 11 o’clock ……..
4. At 1 p.m. ……..
5. At 3 o’clock ……..
6. At 5 o’clock ……..
2.A group of people were staying in a hotel. One evening the fire alarm rang. Use the words in brackets to make sentences saying what each person was doing at that time.
Example: ( Don / have / a bath) – Don was having a bath.
1. ( Ann / write / a letter in her room) – Ann ……..
2. (Carol and Dennis / have / dinner) - Carol and Dennis ……..
3. ( George / get / ready to go out) – George …….
4. (Tom / make / a phone call) – Tom ……..
3.Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form (Present Continuous or Past Continuous).
1. I (to write) an English exercise now.
2. My little sister (to sleep) at this time yesterday.
3. My fiends (not to do) their homework now. They (to play) volleyball.
4. She (to read) the whole evening yesterday.
5. Now she (to go) to school.
6. ….. you (to drink) tea at this time yesterday? – No, I (not to drink)tea at this time yesterday. I (to eat) a banana.
7. My sister is fond of reading. She (to read) the whole evening yesterday, and now she (to read) again.
8. …. you (to eat) ice cream now?
9. What …. your father (to do) from eight till nine yesterday?
10. Why … she (to cry) when I saw her yesterday?
Дата добавления: 2015-07-20; просмотров: 808 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|All the sentences in this exercise are about the future. Put the verbs into the correct form: Future Simple or Present Simple.|||||Unit 4.|