I. Find in the text English equivalents for the following Russian phrases.
огромный успех, интернет-журнал, выгодный/прибыльный, торговцы, вести дела по телефону, средство маркетинга, зарабатывать деньги, внутренняя сеть, игнорировать, получит скидку, уверенность в чем-либо, кодировать информацию.
II. Read the text once again. Define the main idea of each paragraph.
III. Which of the following topics does the text discuss?
a) net is a marketing tool
b) the growth of the Internet
c) buying on-line
d) commercial aspect of the Web
IV. Look at the sentences below about the usage of the Internet as a sales tool and mark the sentences true (T) or false (F) according to the text.
1. In the last decade the number of consumers has multiplied.
2. Banner ads are very popular nowadays and you can see them practically everywhere.
3. There is a question about the role of the Internet as a place of information or as a profitable market place for business.
4. It is easier to go shopping than to order by computer.
5. People freely give personal information on-line.
V. Answer the questions upon the text.
1. Why the Internet has made extraordinary progress?
2. Where can the consumer see banner ads?
3. What do cyberstores offer?
4. What is the major problem vendors have?
5. Do people freely give personal information?
6. What is the difference between extranet and intranet?
7. In what case commercialization may overtake the Web?
8. Do you know any successful examples of extranets?
I. You are going to listen to Magda, a college librarian, showing Vijay how to order a book online.
1. Match the words in the box with the definitions a–f below.
|сlick cursor favorites password online mouse|
a. secret word that gives you permission to do something____________________
b. connected to the Internet___________________________________________
c. the flashing line which indicates your position on the screen________________
d. a device you use to control movement around the screen and to select items___
e. a list you use for quick access to websites you visit regularly_______________
f. you do this to select an item_________________________________________
Listen and decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F).
a. Magda has ordered books from Orinoco before.
b. Vijay types in the author’s name.
c. They check the details at the checkout.
d. Vijay types in the password.
Listen to these extracts from the conversation and complete the instructions.
1_____________, use the mouse to move the cursor to “favourites”.
2______________the shopping basket in the corner of the screen.
3______________that the details are the same.
4______________you’ve only ordered one copy.
4. Which words does Magda stress in her instructions? Practice saying them.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-08; просмотров: 249 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|The Web as a Sales Tool|||||II. Complete the text using the missing words.|