Immigration officer: May I have your passport and form I-94, please?
Paul Redfield: ____________
a) Don’t bother, please.
b) Here you are.
c) I’m not going to ruin your plans.
d) That’s great!
Great Britain includes ….
a) England, Wales and Northern Ireland
b) Great Britain and Northern Ireland
c) England and Scotland
d) England, Scotland, Wales
Thanksgiving Day is celebrated in ….
The capital of Canada is ….
… fought against racial discrimination in the 1960s.
a) Abraham Lincoln
b) Frank Lloyd Wright
c) Emily Dickson
d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
Расположите части делового письма в правильном порядке.
(1) Enclosure: Invoice #223
(2) Dear Mr. Davis,
(3) Sampson’s Stationary
30 Silverstone Ave
(4) Our ref: #223
(6) February 21st, 2010
(8) Our records show that you have an outstanding balance dating back to January, 2010. Your January invoice was for $445.00 and we have yet to receive this payment. Please find a copy of the invoice enclosed. ……
(9) Mr. Ken Davis
Hanson’s Montessori School
15 Main St.
Перед Вами конверт.
(1) LANCASHIRE ENTERPRISES plc
17 Ribblesdale Place – Winckley Square
Preston (2) PR1 3NA
(3) Seaboard Industries Plc
(4) Grand Avenue
(6) BN3 2LS
Соотнесите информацию под определенным номером на конверте с тем, что она обозначает.
a) ___ the addressee’s company name
b) ___ the street name in the mailing address
c) ___ the writer’s company name
d) ___ the ZIP Code in the mailing address
e) ___ the ZIP Code in the return address
f) ___ the town in the mailing address
25. Определите, к какому виду делового документа относится представленный ниже отрывок.
Each party will at all times keep confidential and will not copy, reproduce, publish, disseminate or otherwise disclose, without the prior written consent of the other, any business, systems or other confidential information of the other party (including but not limited to any non-public information of that other party relating to its software, data, systems, trade secrets, product plans, designs, ideas, concepts, costs, prices, finances, marketing plans, business opportunities, research and development and other know how)…
a) Letter of enquiry / request
c) Letter of complaint
d) Letter of invitation
Выберите слова или сочетания слов для заполнения пропусков так, чтобы они отражали особенности оформления служебной записки.
To: (1) _____________
From: John Smith, (2) ____________
Date: January 5, 2009
(3) ___: Company Merger
Effective January 1, we will become a wholly owned subsidiary of ABC, Inc. Principals at ABC have asked me to let you know of their (4) _____ to continue operating this division on a autonomous basis and to retain all the employees who are currently on the payroll. …………..
a) ____ Subject
b) ____ all staff members
c) ____ sincere intentions
d) ____ President
Прочитайте текст и выполните задания.
(1) The arts is a vast subdivision of culture, composed of many creative endeavors and disciplines. It is a broader term than “art,” which as a description of a field usually means only the visual arts. The arts encompasses visual arts, literary arts and the performing arts - music, theatre, dance and film, among others. This list is by no means comprehensive, but only meant to introduce the concept of the arts.
(2) A good definition of the arts is given by the Free Dictionary as “imaginative, creative, and nonscientific branches of knowledge considered collectively, esp. as studied academically.” The singular term art is defined by the Irish Art Encyclopedia as follows: “Art is created when an artist creates a beautiful object, or produces a stimulating experience that is considered by his audience to have artistic merit”. So, one could conclude that art is the process that leads to a product (the artwork or piece of art), which is then examined and analyzed by experts in the field of the arts or simply enjoyed by those who appreciate the arts.
(3) The same source states: “Art is a global activity which encompasses a host of disciplines, as evidenced by the range of words and phrases which have been invented to describe its various forms.” Examples of such phraseology include: Fine Arts, Liberal Arts, Visual Arts, Decorative Arts, Applied Arts, Design, Crafts, Performing Arts, and so on. The term art commonly refers to the “Visual Arts,” as an abbreviation of creative art or fine art. For example, the History of art is described as “the history of the visual arts of painting, sculpture and architecture. It is the history of one of the fine arts, others of which are the performing arts and literature. It is also one of the humanities. The term sometimes encompasses theory of the visual arts, including aesthetics.”
(4) In the article for Fine art, we read: “Confusion often occurs when people mistakenly refer to the Fine Arts but mean the Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Drama, etc.). Furthermore, creative writing is frequently considered a fine art as well. More work will be required to standardize the use of the terms “art” and “fine art,” but for the purpose of this article the definition of “the arts” is not problematic, because it includes all the arts. One artist has even suggested that “it would really simplify matters if we could all just stick with visual, auditory, performance or literary – when we speak of The Arts – and eliminate “Fine” altogether.”
(Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia)
Определите, является ли утверждение:
The term “ art ” is usually referred to the visual arts.
a) в тексте нет информации
28. Определите, является ли утверждение:
The Free Dictionary gives the best definition of the arts.
c) в тексте нет информации
29. Определите, является ли утверждение:
The terms “art” and “fine art” can be confused.
b) в тексте нет информации
30. Определите, является ли утверждение:
At York University (Toronto, Canada) Fine Arts is a faculty that includes the visual arts, design and the “Performing Arts”.
c) в тексте нет информации
31. Укажите, какой части текста (1, 2, 3, 4) соответствует следующая информация:
Art can be understood as the process that leads to a product.
32. Укажите, какой части текста (1, 2, 3, 4) соответствует следующая информация:
The performing arts include music, theatre, dance and film, etc.
Дата добавления: 2015-10-30; просмотров: 159 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Ответьте на вопрос.|||||Ответьте на вопрос.|