The proof of the pudding is in its ______________
a) seeing b) speaking c) eating
Great Britain consists of _____________ parts
a) four b) two c) three
An Englishman’s home is his ______________
a) house b) castle c) church
I have always wanted to _____________ to play the piano.
a) know b) understand c) learn
When I arrived home my parents _____________
a) were sleeping b) slept c) have slept
Look! The children ________________
a) play b) are playing c) played
7. My father gave up ________________ three weeks ago.
a) to smoke b) smoke c) smoking
8. If he _____________ we’ll go far a walk.
a) agrees b) will agree c) had agreed
9. There ___________ new English words on the blackboard.
a) is b) be c) are
10. They come to the party, __________________?
a) isn’t it b) won’t they c) don’t they
11. You ______________ to see your granny.
a) should b) ought c) will
12. January is _____________ month of the year.
a) colder b) the coldest c) cold
13. My friend Michael __________ many relatives.
a) has got b) have c) had had
14. What _________ you __________ here, I wonder?
a) is ... doing b) are.... doing c) do ... do
15. He wants to know when his sister ___________
a) will come b) comes c) had come
16. He wants to know about this incident when his sister _____________
a) come b) will come c) comes
17. The jeans you bought for me ___________ fit me.
a) doesn’t b) don’t c) aren’t
18. Gymnastics _________ my favorite sport.
a) are b) is c) be
19. There ____________ plenty of time to watch a football match on television.
a) was b) were c) have been
20. Man _____________ live on bread alone.
a) do not b) is not c) does not
21. __________ there _____________ a lecture tomorrow?
a) Will ___ be b) Shall ____ be c) Would ____ be
22. Hotels are becoming __________________ nowadays.
a) expensiver b) more expensive c) the most expensive
23. The damage to the car could be
a) worse b) bad c) the worst
24. That was _______________ case in his practice.
a) the difficultest b) less difficult c) the least difficult
25. Is there ________ work for you to do every day?
a) many b) little c) few
26. This car uses _________ petrol.
a) much b) many c) a few
27. _________ people are early risers.
a) any b) some c) no
28. Have you got _________ objections?
a) no b) some c) any
29. I don’t know about it: ask ________ else.
a) nobody b) anybody c) somebody
30. Please, _______ be late for classes!
a) not b) don’t c) no
31. He _______ every thing already, now he may go far a walk.
a) does b) has done c) did
32. I ___________ to Japan twice.
a) am b) was c) have been
33. I can’t find my pen, will you give me ________, please?
a) your b) you c) yours
34. - Where are my shoes?
- I saw ________ under the bed.
a) it b) them c) they
35. Give ________ some water.
a) my b) me c) myself
36. What a huge dog! I’m afraid of _________
a) him b) she c) it
37. You must do it by__________
a) her b) himself c) yourself
38. I want you ___________ it
a) do b) to do c) done
39. He made her ____________
a) cries b) crying c) cry
40. Выберите слово с наиболее общим значением
a) island b) sea c) geography d) river
41. Выберите «лишнее» слово
a) honest b) noble c) terrible d) kind
The island is washed by ________ Atlantic Ocean.
a) the b) -- c) a
1) ______ United States of America is 2) ______ richest country in the world.
1) a) - b) the c) a
2) a) the b) a c) -
I hope to find ______ good job.
a) the b) a c) -
– Sorry! - ________________
a) Please b) Thank you c) That’s all right
– How are you getting on?
a) OK! b) How do you do? c) Don’t mention it
47. The Hermitage ________ a priceless collection of pictures.
а) contains b) is contained c) containing
48. Though Christmas is celebrated on December 25, the actual date of Christ’s birth _______.
doesn’t know b) not to be known c) is not known
49. Since early times, man ____________ in flight.
interests b) has been interested c) is interested
50. Tell me ________ there is anything else you would like to see in London.
a) if b) what c) that
51. If I were you, I ________ smoking.
a) will stop b) stop c) would stop
52. Tim said that he ________ a horse before.
a) never rode b) has never ridden c) had never ridden
53. _________ Jane look beautiful today?
a) aren’t b) isn’t c) doesn’t
54. St. Basil’s Cathedral __________ in the 18th century.
a) was built b) has been built c) built
55. __________ we had a lot of time, we decided to go to the park.
a) so b) as c) thus
56. It was _________ a boring play!
a) so b) such c) very
57. The weather forecast said that __________.
a) it will rain in the afternoon b) it rains in the afternoon c) it would rain in the afternoon
58. We ate __________ cake. It was delicious.
a) the whole b) each c) the all
59. The English are famous _________ their tea and their weather.
a) in b) for c) with
60. His first story is much more interesting ____________ his second one.
a) as b) before c) than
61. Nobody __________ him.
a) loves b) doesn’t love c)love
62. He began to work __________ .
a) at 16 ages old b) at 16 year old c) at the age of 16
63. “Who __________ the book?” she asked.
a) tore b) did tear c) does tear
64. I go to school __________ foot.
a) at b) on c) in
65. He was __________ some water to drink.
a) looking for b) looking after c) looking at
66. They haven’t finished their dinner _________ .
a) still b) yet c) already
67. ___________ you swim when you were 5 year old?
a) could b) should c) may
68. Neither Alex nor Nick __________ Spanish.
a) know b) doesn’t know c) knows
69. The house stood __________ huge trees.
a) among b) between c) with
70. __________ this painting is better than that one.
a) for my opinion b) to my opinion c) in my opinion
71. Where does he want _________ after classes?
a) to go b) go c) goes
72. Foot - ___________ .
a) foots b) feet c) feets
73. You have never been to the Crimea, ____________?
a) isn’t it b) don’t c) have you
74. Who is that man, ___________ at the window?
a) standing b) stood c) stand
75. Novgorod ___________ in 856.
a) founded b) was found c) was founded
76. I think he speaks German ________ than Hob.
a) good b) better c) more good
77. I’m afraid he’ll be late __________ the concert.
a) for b) in c) at
78. This is the man _________ will help you.
a) what b) which c) who
79. When _________ in London?
a) did you arrive b) you arrived c) you arrive
80. Last night we went to Peter’s birthday party, _________ we enjoyed very much.
a) when b) whih c) whose
81. Their house is nice, but ___________ is better.
a) ours b) our c) we
82. Is there __________ snow in England in winter?
a) many b) large c) much
83. Switch __________ the light, please! It’s very dark in the room.
a) off b) on c) in
84. A friend __________ is a friend indeed.
a) in need b) in misfortune c) in grief
85. Go ________ ! You’re disturbing me.
a) off b) in c) out
Дата добавления: 2015-10-16; просмотров: 349 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Иностранный язык|||||Choose the correct answer. Only one answer is correct.|