Legal education can open the door to a wide variety of careers such as:
1) a paralegal (or a legal assistant) is employed to work in the same field as a lawyer. Paralegals organize some information into written reports, and may also be called upon to draft legal documents.
2) a notary (or “notary public”) can provide authentication and secure record for almost any sort of transaction, document or event: he prepares and witnesses powers of attorney; prepares and witnesses wills, trusts and other documents to deal with administration of estates, authenticates business transactions; certifies copies of original documents, notarizes depositions.
3) judges oversee criminal and civil trials, ensuring that proper court procedures are followed. In addition to a law degree, judges usually have several years of experience working as a lawyer before they become a judge.
4) law professors can do pro bono work, legislative work, give some consultations.
5) private lawyers in involves working alone or with partners in a law firm to provide legal services to clients.
6) family and divorce lawyers deal with legal matters concerning marriage, separation, divorce, etc.
7) employment lawyers represent employees on a variety of issues: workers’ compensation, termination of employment, sexual harassment, workplace safety.
8) real estate lawyers help their clients determine the specific distribution of their estate.
9) the primary role of a criminal lawyer is to represent their defendant in the criminal court system.
A lawyer’s function lays on him a variety of legal and moral obligations toward: the client, the courts and other authorities, the legal profession in general and each fellow member of it in particular, the public for whom the existence of a free and independent profession itself is an essential means of safeguarding human rights and others interests in society.
Lawyers are paid for their work in a variety of ways.
In private practice, they may work for an hourly fee, a contingence fee or a lump sum payment if the matter is straightforward.
Lawyers working directly on the payroll of governments, non-profits, and corporations usually earn a regular annual salary.
Lawyer is a person whose profession is to advise clients as to legal rights and obligations and to represent clients in legal proceedings. A lawyer investigates the facts and evidence by conferring with his client and reviewing documents, and he prepares and files the pleadings in court.
As a member of the legal profession, a lawyer is a representative of clients.
As advisor, a lawyer instructs a client in his legal rights and obligations and explains their practical implications.
As an officer of the legal system, a lawyer in all his professional functions should be competent, prompt and diligent.
As a public citizen, a lawyer should seek improvement of the law, access to the legal system, the administration of justice and the quality of service rendered by the legal profession.
Lawyers play different roles depending on their place in the legal profession and the nature of their law practice or activity.
Дата добавления: 2015-10-29; просмотров: 338 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Before I start my presentation today, I’d like to ask you all a question. [QUESTION] Put your hand up, please, if your answer is ‘yes’.|||||Looking Good: The Psychology and Biology of Beauty|