B) Find these words and phrases in the text. Match them to the correct definition.
|1. fortune||a) put money into a business|
|2. set up||b) customer|
|3. invest||c) businessman / woman|
|4. company||d) start (a business)|
|5. product||e) a business|
|6. client||f) large amount of money|
|7. cheap||g) what a business sells|
|8. entrepreneur||h) inexpensive|
C) For questions (1-11), choose from the people (A-E). The people may be chosen more that once.
A – MARC MAIFFRET D – ROBERT TUCHMAN
B – MIKE BECKER E – JOHN CHRISTAKOS
C – ANDY WOLF
Which of the people mention the following?
1. I like making money out of something I love doing. _____ _____
2. You should learn from how other companies do things. _____
3. Most people don’t try to benefit from their ideas. _____
4. You may have to learn new skills. _____
5. You shouldn’t follow all the advice you are given. _____ _____
6. I didn’t get the right experience before I started. _____
7. Young people have to work harder to be successful. _____
8. It’s important to have a clear idea of your aims. _____ _____ _____
9. You need to allow time for enjoying yourself. _____
10. I found a new way to do something. _____
11. You shouldn’t give up if you fail. _____
Read and explain the following quotations.
Ø Christmas is over and business is business. (Franklin Adams)
Ø He who will not economize will have to agonize. (Confucius)
Ø A banker is a man who lends you an umbrella when the weather is fair, and takes it away from you when it rains. (Anonymous)
Ø Money speaks sense in language all nations understand. (Aphra Behn)
Ø Business? It’s quite simple: it’s other peoples’ money. (Alexander Dumas)
Topics for discussion and essays.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
We pretend to work because they pretend to pay us.
Find a job you like and you add five days to every week.
The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.
The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.
Дата добавления: 2015-10-24; просмотров: 316 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Making a Million|||||Family relations|