Free samples and point of sale promotion
This method of promotion is particularly useful for those businesses which produce food products, because people can actually try the product, and if they like it, there’s a high chance that they will buy this product. Due to the fact that this method isn’t suitable for such products as electronics, there are points of sale in some places such as shipping centers and airports where people can also try the product, e.g. try a new Playstation 3 and actually play with it. This allows showing and promoting the main features of the product as well as allowing people to try or use the product, which increases the effectiveness of such promotion and chances of people buying the product.
- Can be easily spread through a big number of people, by using sending e-mails and advertising on websites.
- Can be advertised on specialist websites. E.g. program software for businesses is usually being advertised on Financial Times, Forbes and Harvard Business Review websites. Mobile phones with classical-business design and cars are also being advertised on the websites which have something to do with business. Companies do that, because they know that their potential customers-people, who are willing to spend a lot of money to buy their goods, usually work in the business and go to these types of websites. Therefore, advertising on the specialist websites makes it more effective.
- Most businesses now advertise their products and services in the internet, because for some people it’s much easier to obtain the information they need from this particular source.
- Businesses who advertise their products in the internet can maintain a statistics of how many people actually look at their adverts in the internet by recording every click on their advert. Then, by using special programs in the internet, they can find out how long the people who click on their page spend time on their website. This helps to find out on what websites their adverts work more effectively and also find out what particular types of adverts attract consumers’ attention best.
- Some people put filters on junk mail. Even some good and important adverts can be considered to be a junk. The message being sent might be ignored and so is not very effective.
- It’s relatively cheap to advertise products in the internet. It also works more effectively when businesses advertise their products on the search portals, like ‘yahoo’, where every time the person is trying to find something, he looks at the adverts displayed on the ‘home page’.
- There might be many other firms-competitors, which produce similar products, advertising their goods on the same website. If the business makes products, which are easy to be switched from one to another, then it creates a problem. For example, if there’s
Example of Internet promotion:
The advert shown above was shown on some of the UK government websites. It is very graphical with the use of people (in my case-young girl) in the advert. It discourages young people from smoking, by emphasising that smoking is addictive and is similar to being caught as if you were a fish. It doesn’t have a lot of text, but it does inform people, that an average smoker needs over five thousand cigarettes to get cancer. The fact that the design of the advert itself is very unusual and relatively shocking, it effectively encourages people’s attention.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-26; просмотров: 111 | Нарушение авторских прав
Читайте в этой же книге: Вход свободный. | Премии во всех номинациях представляют собой контракт на издание собственной книги автора. | Introduction | Coca-Cola | Orange mobile operator | Lynx Chocolate Flavour Deodorant advert | Using magazines | B) How and when each form of promotional activity is used | Internal factors | External factors |
mybiblioteka.su - 2015-2022 год. (0.014 сек.)