Cultural differences influence business strategies and operations. Understanding them is difficult to overestimate.
Many of these cultures are complex and different from ours. To be successful in international business means to be good citizens of international community.
We should learn to honour and respect our own cultures and to develop tolerance and respect for other cultures.
No one can learn all there is to know about a foreign culture. But to show an interest means to create a climate of understanding and respect. The mere willingness to accept differences is of great importance.
1. Робота над граматичним матеріалом. Повторення. Present, Past, Future Continuous.
Ex. 1.Choose the word (a, b, c, d) that best completes the sentence.
1. Look at Ann! She ... on interesting book (a) is reading; b) reads). She ... every day (c) is reading; d) reads). 2. Listen! John ... in hisroom (a) sings; b) is singing). He ... very well (c) sings; d) is singing). 3. Usually girls ... tea in the morning (a) drink; b) are drinking). Now they ... coffee (c) are drinking; d) drink).
Exercise 2. Put the verb in brackets into the Present, Past or Future Continuous Tense.
1. He (to take) a bath now. 2. I (not to laugh) at you. 3. He (to come) here next week. 4. If I (to sleep) when he comes, please, wake me up. 5. What journal you (to read) when I came to the library? 6. The whole family (to have) dinner when the telephone rang. 7. Where he (to go) when the rain started? 8. She (to sing) over the radio at 5 o'clock tomorrow. 9. They will not go on excursion with us. They (to have) a lecture at 2 o'clock. 10. What you (to do) from 2 till 3 o'clock tomorrow? 11. The children (to play) when we return home. 12. Look! It is getting dark. It (to rain) in a minute.
Exercise 3. Form questions with the question words given.
1. The expedition is returning next week. (When) 2. We are doing grammar exercises now. (What) 3. The mother is teaching her little son to read. (Who) 4. I am reading a book on modern art. (What) 5. They were still arguing when I entered the room. (Who)
6. Our group was staying in Vitebsk for some days. (For how long)
7. We were talking and he was listening to the radio. (What)
8. They will be moving to a new flat this month, (When) 9. We shall be listening to Petrov at the concert. (When) 10. He is coming tomorrow. (When)
Exercise 4. Translate into English.
1. Что вы обсуждаете?— Мы обсуждаем план будущей экскурсии. 2. Вы идете в кино с нами? 3. О чем вы сейчас думаете? 4. Автобус уже отправлялся, когда я подошел к остановке. 5. Что он делал, когда вы зашли к нему? 6. Идет дождь, и мы не можем поехать за город.
4. Робота над текстом за професійним спрямуванням:
At the college
I began this academic session as a student of the Teachers' Training College. Iam in the History Faculty in my first year. It was only a week ago that I took my last examination. It was an English one in which I did very well.
So I passed all the exams successfully and was admitted to the college. Many applicants failed and some were admitted to the evening department.
When at school, I thought to enter the sciences, but then I changed my mind (изменить решение) and decided to take up history. I must say the first day at the college was unforgettable. We gathered in the Assembly Hall where the Rector congratulated us on the beginning of the session and wished us success (пожелать успеха) in our academic life. Then the Dean of the Faculty, Doctor of History took the floor (взять слово). He spoke about the subjects we were to study and various departments of the faculty. He expressed hope that we should attend all the lectures, tutorials and seminars. Each year we must present a course paper to our scientific adviser (guide [gaid]) and make reports in class on historical themes. At the end of each term we will take several examinations and credit-tests. In June, for instance, I will read for my exams in archaeology, ancient history, Latin, Russian history (the period of feudalism) and English.
As regards (что касается) English they will teach us not only to read and translate historical documents and literature but to speak English as well. Our English teacher says we must work at the language very hard.
After the inside tour of the college (осмотрев помещения колледжа) which we made, following the meeting, my friends and I went to the hostel ['hostl]. I am sure I'll enjoy my studies (получу удовольствие, занимаясь) at the college.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-26; просмотров: 518 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Практичне заняття № 2|||||Vocabulary|