Review important vocabulary by filling in the blanks in the following sentences
with words we covered in this episode.
1. Often, the most vital step is to recognize real parties to the negotiation and
identify the 1) ___________ decision makers.
2. We asked them a series of questions about their motives and interests to get
a feeling for where they are really 2)_____________ from.
3. A lot of what we are doing in negotiation is looking for 3) ______________
between our companies.
4. In many tough negotiations, it can really help if there is someone on both
sides who can think 4)________________ the box.
5. Having a clear bottom line can be both a blessing or a 5)____________– it’s
often better to be fairly 7)___________ in your approach.
6. More and more companies are recognizing the great 8)________________
value in environmental protection.
7. Corporate social 9)______________ is an area of great potential value to
companies these days, since it can help companies build brand 10)
___________ and loyalty.
B. Prepositions Review
To review useful expression, supply the missing prepositions in the following
1. A typical impediment _____ compromise is an overemphasis ______ price.
2. Overcoming blockage is a process of getting rid _____ obstacles _____ the
road ______ an agreement.
3. It was a real challenge _______ remove the barriers that had been set up,
but in the end we succeeded.
4. It is important to removeobstacles ________ reaching an agreement.
Think of a negotiation that you had recently or that you have watched or know
about. Analyze it in the terms we have learned in this episode and the last. What
were the parties’ BATNAs and bottom lines? Who were the real decision makers?
What were their interests? How did power play a role? Were their any ethical
questions? Did the people involved think outside the box to maximize joint
value? Or was there an overemphasis on price? Prepare a short talk presenting
© 2009 All rights reserved: www.business english pod.com24
business english pod
Дата добавления: 2015-10-28; просмотров: 206 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|B. Collocations|||||B. Prepositions Review|