|What Where Who How How old What What kind of( books) Why Whose friend What colour||is are is are is is is are is is||he? you from? John? you? he? your father like? he fond of? you late? Mary? our flag?||- She’s a shop assistant. - from Germany. - He’s their son. - Not bad, thanks. - Eighteen - He’s sociable and very clever - Historical books. - My watch is wrong. - She’s my friend. - It’s white, blue and red.|
How old is he? - Eighteen.
What is your father like? - He’s sociable and very clever.
What kind of ( books) is he fond of? - Historical books.
Why are you late? - My watch is wrong.
Exercise 8.Ask and answer questions.
Example: What colour is a banana? – It’s yellow.
Ambulances in Moscow?
What colour is/are Roses?
The Christmas tree?
Exercise 9.Complete the sentences.
Example: Where are my books? – On the table.
|1._ _ _ that clock? 2._ _ Paul from? 3._ _ your favourite subject? 4._ _ _music you fond of?||About a hundred years old. Denmark, I think. Mathematics. Rock music.|
Exercise 10.Ask the questions.
Example: What is your name? – My name’s Mark.
| ||Her name’s Pam. No my mother isn’t very young. Yes, it is Frank Ellis. Jane. My shoes are black. Olga is very kind.|
|I||am||a genius||aren’t||I?||- Yes, I am./No, I am not.|
|He||a teenager||he?||- Yes, he is./No, he isn’t|
|She||is||a Londoner||isn’t||she?||- Yes, she is./No, she isn’t|
|It||far from here||it?||Yes, it is./No, it isn’t.|
|We||we?||-Yes, we are./ No, we aren’t.|
|You||are||in the city centre||aren’t||you?||- Yes, you are./No, you aren’t.|
|They||they?||- Yes, they are./ No, they aren’t.|
|I||am not||a schoolboy||am||I?||- No, I’m not./ Yes, I am.|
|He||isn’t||married||is||he?||- No, he isn’t./ Yes, he is.|
|She||isn’t||at home||is||she?||- No, she isn’t./Yes, she is.|
|It isn't easy, is. it? - No, it isn't. / Yes, it is.|
|We You They||Aren't old, are||We? — No, we aren't. / Yes, we are.|
|you? - No you aren’t / Yes, you are.|
|they? -No, they aren't / Yes, they are.|
Exercise 11. Give the correct tag to these sentences.
1. Your mother is thirty-seven years old, ___?
2. It's her birthday today, ___?
3. I'm not in class now, ___?
4. You aren't married, ___?
5. They are Russian, ___?
6. I'm fond of hard rock, ___?
7. Alice isn't very friendly, ___?
Exercise 12. Ask questions about the information in italics. Example: My mother is 50. — How old is your mother?
1. I'm from a small town in the South of Russia.
2. Yes, Linda is a first-year student.
3. Tom and Sue are sociable and very intelligent.
4. My sister is fond of classical music.
5. I am a bank clerk.
6. Today Tony is at home because it's Sunday.
7. His home telephone number is 678-8996.
8. It's 4 o'clock and you are at work.
E. Bazanova, Moscow, Drofa.
– Put in am, is or are.
– Write full sentences. Use am/is/are each time
– Write positive or negative sentences. Use am/am not/is/isn't/are/aren't.
1. (Paris/the capital of France) Paris is the capital of France.
2. (I/interested in football) _I’m interested in football.
3. (I /hungry) I ______
4. (it/warm today) It ____________ today.
5. (Rome/in Spain) Rome ______
6. (I/afraid of dogs) I ______
7. (my hands/cold) My ______
8. (Canada/a very big country) ______
9. (the Amazon/in Africa) ______
10. (diamonds/cheap) ______
– Write questions from these words. Use am/Is/are.
– Write questions with What/Who/How/Where/Why ...? Use am/is/are.
– Write positive or negative short answers (Yes, I am/No, he isn't etc.).
Raymond Murphy. Essential Grammar in Use.
Дата добавления: 2015-10-23; просмотров: 117 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Listening comprehension|||||The Present Simple Tense|