a) What is common in two accidents?
b) What is different in two accidents?
3. Find in the text of the article words to the following definitions and synonyms:
a) death caused by accident f _______________
or in war
b) investigation i _______________
c) wide road specially built
for fast moving traffic m _______________
d) put into action l _______________
e) accident involving a vehicle
in a collision or some other c _______________
f) energy that can be used to
do work p _______________
g) go higher in the sky c _______________
h) not functioning as is expected
or required f _______________
i) (of an a/c) get out of control
and start to drop because s _______________
of loss of speed
j) physical harm to a living being i _______________
k) body of an aircraft h _______________
l) recommend a _______________
m) wind blowing from behind
travelling aircraft t _______________
Put in the missing prepositions in the following sentences. Each preposition can be used more than once.
with at on of to in
1) The aircraft collided ___________ road vehicle.
2) _______ midday _______ 21 May a Robin DR 400 light aircraft suffered loss _______ power.
3) The pilot was practising circuits using runway 20 _______ Rochester airfield, Kent.
4) Injuries _______ drivers _______ the road were not serious.
5) The other accident, _______ Southampton Airport, involved a Cessna Citation 550 _______ two pilots.
6) It landed _______ 06.30 local time ______ 26 May _______ runway 20, _______ heavy rain.
7) He had a 15 kt tailwind _______ landing.
8) There were thunderstorms _______ the area.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-11; просмотров: 135 | Нарушение авторских прав