1. The investigator disclosed new facts and evidence.
2. In civil cases, the jury’s verdict must be unanimous, unless the sides have
agreed before the trial that they will agree to a verdict that is not unanimous.
3. What issues will be taken into deliberation during pre-trial conference.
4. The judges are free to deviate from the precedent and establish a new
court decision as it is used by other judges to follow when a similar case arose.
5. The jury retired to the jury room to discuss the evidence and to reach a verdict.
6. In all common law systems, judges sometimes make laws, since their
creative explanation may become precedents for other courts to allow.
7. In English law, the principle of judicial re-examination enables a court to overturn a decision made by government ministry that acted illegally.
8. In most cases the lawyers and judges agree before trial what issues are engaged in argument involving different opinions.
Many words have more than one meaning and you must be careful when you use your dictionary to find the right definition. In the following sentences, the words in italics have several meanings. Translate the words paying special attention to the meanings as legal terms.
1. Who is the leader of the political party?
2. Yesterday he invited me to his birthday party and I was very glad to hear it.
3. Each of the sides involved in a legal dispute is a party.
4. A lawyer participates in questioning the witnesses and submits evidence.
5. Do you have any evidence to prove your idea?
6. Judgement is a legal term that means the legal reasoning and decision of a court in a case brought before it.
7. The constitutional composition of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine consists of 450 National Deputies of Ukraine who are elected for a four-year term on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage, by secret ballot.
8. Every year many Ukrainian young people apply to various higher education
9. The courts interpret and apply the law.
10. Applicant is a person who makes a formal request or application to a court.
1. CRIME INVESTIGATION: FORENSIC SCIENCE AND SCIENTIFIC EXPERTISE.
2. CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS.
1. Do you agree with the statement “Criminals need help more than punishment”?
Дата добавления: 2015-07-11; просмотров: 159 | Нарушение авторских прав