|1) to get familiar with sth so that it no longer seems new or strange to you||a) be fed up (with)|
|2) a person who travels to unknown places in order to find out more about them||b) follow in sb’s footsteps|
|3) to do sth better, faster etc than anyone has ever done it before||c) delighted|
|4) to hide sth or change it so that it cannot be recognized||d) explorer|
|5) to do the same job, have the same style of life as sb else, especially in your family||e) challenge|
|6) showing a lack of thought or understanding||f) reason|
|7) a new or difficult task that tests sb’s ability and skill||g) journey|
|8) annoyed or bored, and wanting sth to change||h) get used to|
|9) the cause or explanation for sth that happens||i) trip|
|10) to achieve sth that you have been trying to do or get||j) disguise|
|11) the money that you earn from your work or that you receive from investments etc||k) honest|
|12) very pleased and happy||l) succeed|
|13) a time spent travelling from one place to another, especially over a long distance||m) silly|
|14) lasting only a short time||n) break a record|
|15) always telling the truth, and never stealing or cheating||o) brief|
|16) a visit to a place that involves a journey for pleasure or a particular purpose||p) income|
Ex. 2. Match synonymous words.
|1) pretty||a) repair|
|2) disguise||b) promise|
|3) trip||c) quite|
|4) silly||d) short|
|5) mend||e) allow|
|6) let||f) foolish|
|7) swear||g) give|
|8) honest||h) hide|
|9) present||i) open|
Ex. 3. Match antonymous words.
|1) honest||a) fail|
|2) outdoor||b) loss|
|3) dirty||c) long|
|4) succeed||d) dishonest|
|5) silly||e) deserted|
|6) brief||f) clever|
|7) crowded||g) indoor|
|8) let||h) unsuccessful|
|9) income||i) clean|
|10) successful||j) forbid|
Ex. 4. Complete the charts below. Mind some spelling changes.
|1. deliver 2. ---- 3. ---- 4. sympathize 5. ----||---- explorer success ---- climber||1. success 2. home 3. ---- 4. ---- 5. dirt||---- ---- delighted crowded ----|
Ex. 5. Complete the sentences with one of the words from Ex. 4.
1. When the weather is bad, I often think of … people who have to sleep on the streets.
2. His clothes were untidy and he had … hands.
3. They have been to the South Pole and now they want to … the Arctic.
4. You have to work very hard to … in this job.
5. We need to do a lot of training before we … the mountain.
6. You don’t have to carry your shopping home. We offer a … service.
7. They had a very … trip and everything went as planned.
8. This restaurant is very …. Shall we go somewhere with fewer people?
9. When I need someone to listen to all my problems, I call my friend James who is very ….
10. I’ve heard a lot about you so I’m … to meet you at last.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 357 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Ex. 1. Find the words from column B to match their descriptions in column A.|||||Ex. 10. Translate into English.|