1. Great Britain. Factors of historical development and geographical position which have had a decisive effect on the formation of the nation. The most typical English features. The British government and the party system.
2. Great Britain. The capital and other towns. What makes them famous? English traditions.
3. Great Britain: sights, places of interest. The English language as the language connecting people.
1. The USA. One of the leading industrial countries. The capital and other cities. What makes them famous?
2. The USA. Features of American culture. American holidays. State organization and political system. The leading political parties.
3. The USA: the greatest attractions of the country and its cities. Famous people of the country.
1. Native town. What makes it native, what can attract tourists in it?
2. Ekaterinburg. The “third capital”.
1. The leading higher technical school in Russia.
2. University life: out-of-class activities, sports, clubs, construction teams.
3. Training Russian engineers: types of higher schools, programme, tasks for training engineers.
4. The most common features and major differences in the systems of higher education in Russia, the USA, Great Britain.
1. Faculty. Specialities. Courses and subjects taught.
2. Distinguishing features. Structure of the faculty, departments, the study process.
3. The reasons for choosing this faculty, the most interesting/useful for the future profession subjects.
1. Theoretical courses and practical training. Integral part of the whole course of training technical specialists.
2. Process studied, the equipment used, the importance.
3. Types of laboratories, component parts of practical training at the university.
1. Specialists trained at the department and their future field. Problems they’ll solve.
2. Special courses and subjects. The equipment and appliances. The sphere of the professional activity.
3. Plans for the future.
1. The influence of the technological processes on the environment. Urgent ecological problems.
2. The problems of environmental protection, its causes. The most affected towns of the Urals region.
3. Environmental protection: main aspects, problems, measures.
1. Read the text and make the plan of your future story.
The word “laboratory” is used to denote any room or building devoted to experimental investigations in science for the purpose of advancing man’s knowledge for special application of natural laws.
While studying at the Urals State Technical University we regularly carry out practical work in laboratories. Every department and every faculty has its own laboratories where students make experiments and observe different phenomena in practice. It helps students in their studies and gives them an idea of their future work. Our laboratories are equipped with all necessary and modern instruments and devices. Such instrument as computers, correlators, stimulators, thermometers, and so on.
There are several laboratories at Building Faculty. We have the Laboratory of Hydraulics, which plays an important role in training specialists at the USTU, the Laboratory of the Chair of Mechanics of Engineering that has modern equipment and installations and others.
The work in the laboratory is an essential part of the program for training future engineers. In every lab, there are not more than 8-10 sets of devices so the students are divided into several groups to carry on experiments and research. Before starting a lab work, students are given home assignments to calculate and they check them in the laboratory. Lab work is done under the supervision of the teacher.
In conclusion I want to say that …………………………………..
2. Find the English equivalents for the Russian ones to make your story more specific.
Проводить (3 варианта) эксперименты; знакомиться с; изучать поведение материалов; посредством тестирующих машин; установки, способные; обладать (иметь) установками; посредством измерительных приборов; использовать (3 варианта); мастерская (цех); быть оборудованным; научная работа, проводимая; практическая часть, связанная с применением законов в решении практических проблем; представлять огромную ценность (важность); как результат тесного сочетания теории и экспериментов; иметь дело с; приобретать не только практические знания, но также и навыки проведения лабораторных экспериментов; прямое (непрерывное) наблюдение; площадь лаборатории; методы применения; определять; получить данные; давать возможность; получать определенные навыки в проведении различных экспериментов; описывать результаты, полученные в течение работы; конспект.
3. Describe your faculty, its laboratories, equipment used and other according to your plan.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-20; просмотров: 136 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|