Task 1. Answer the questions
1. What general changes in the aims of education have occurred during the last 5 decades?
2. Are grammar and spelling appreciated in the English teaching nowadays?
3. What is meant by “learning by doing”?
4. How are grammar and communication connected in the English teaching and evaluation?
5. What is “spoon-feeding” in the process of teaching?
6. What is continuous assessment?
7. Who provides educational establishments financially?
8. What do elementary schools focus on?
9. How are the lessons in primary schools organized?
10. What is regarded as a thing from the past?
11. How many subjects can pupils choose after 16?
12. What can students do after Bachelor’s degree?
13. Western education systems have many common features. What are they?
Task 2. Make the phrases complete. Translate them into Russian.
1. ___________education system
3. education in general__________ to
4. ________ features
5. to give a ________ overview
6. it should be______in mind / to _______ in mind
7. to be __________ the scope of
8. __________ aims
9. _______ the past five decades
10. to ______ higher marks
11. to _________ from the school curriculum
12. the result was ________ on the impression it made
13. as a ________ to an end
14. for its own ________
15. to _______ high score
16. _____________ of knowledge
17. to fit in with the _______ of education
18. in a ___________ way
19. to __________ for the wide ________ of personalities
20. ___________ assessment
21. the ______ source of funds
22. the proportion of private school ________.
23. to _________ in major public exams
24. basic ________ and _________ skills
25. students are __________ to spend a lesson …
26. to sit in ___________ lines of desks
27. to make __________ efforts
28. to _________ that the studying _____________ is bright
29. to follow a set ____________
30. to __________ to the next grade
31. work gets more __________
32. to some __________
33. until quite _________
34. to __________ breadth of knowledge
35. this boils ________ to …
36. academically ___________
Task 3. Complete the sentences with the proper phrases from the list above
1. System of secondary education is _____broadly similar____________ in all European countries.
2. In addition to resulting exams _____continious assessment___________ is used in the majority of universities.
3. Probably in the next 50 years some subjects that children study nowadays will __________be removed from the school curriculum_____________________.
4. Unfortunately in Ukraine government is not ______the main source of funds________________ for universities and many students have to pay for their education.
5. Pupils in the Russian schools do not stay in one classroom throughout the day. They ________________are timetabled to spend lessons__________________ in different specialized rooms.
6. In the Russian schools pupils can’t move freely around the classroom during the lesson. They ______________sit in regimented lines________________.
7. Theoretical information as well as the practical ________application of knowledge_____________________ are vital parts of the curriculum.
8. In primary school walls of classrooms are usually decorated with diverse posters _________to ensure that studyng environment is bright__________________________________.
9. In the Ukrainian and Russian universities students study a great variety of subjects as these systems of education _________to favour breadth of knowledge________________.
10. __________academically inclined________________ people can continue their education applying for Master’s degree.
Grammar: Passive voice
Stop and check 1. Grammar.
1. Comment on the following quotations:
1. A child educated only at school is an uneducated child. (George Santayana)
2. I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. (Mark Twain)
Дата добавления: 2015-10-30; просмотров: 236 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|WESTERN EDUCATION SYSTEMS|||||Task 2. In class discuss the following|