|reach, pollute, watch, save, make, earn|
1. We saw a lot of people who were … the fireworks.
2. It took us six hours to … our destination.
3. She’s now … a good salary as an interpreter.
4. He’s … a fortune selling computers on the Internet.
5. Nuclear waste will … the environment for centuries.
6. I find it very difficult to … money – I just spend everything I get.
Ex. 7. Insert the right prepositions where necessary.
1. That weekend put me … camping for the rest of my life.
2. Mary referred … her manager’s inability to make the right decision.
3. I made … my mind that I would never get married.
4. The traffic was heavy so it took a long time to get … the street.
5. The two boys get … well most of the time.
6. He has to readjust … life in Britain on his return.
7. My mother said she’d take care … Luisa next weekend.
8. Her husband was … on a business trip somewhere.
9. The only thing he seems to care … is money.
10. Recently I’ve got very interested … photography.
11. If you drive, it should take you 20 minutes … door … door.
12. Rabbits got into the backyard … a hole in the fence.
Ex. 8. Fill in each gap with a suitable word.
1. His … consisted of work, dinner, then TV and bed.
a) instructions b) routine c) operations
2. Jo is without … one of the finest swimmers in the school.
a) truth b) secret c) doubt
3. The thief … through an upstairs window.
a) missed b) escaped c) ended up
4. He … the firm when he was in his early twenties.
a) joined b) employed c) attended
5. We were stuck in a … for two hours.
a) traffic island b) traffic lights c) traffic jam
6. Applicants should be … in two foreign languages.
a) fluent b) fast c) quick
7. Could you … and tell Kelly I can’t make it?
a) do my best b) do me a favour c) pay a debt
8. Too many tourists can … the countryside.
a) hurt b) kill c) ruin
9. In the … he saw the sun rising over the temples.
a) long way b) far end c) distance
10. Elaine walked up the garden … and into the house.
a) path b) street c) way
Ex. 9. Replace the underlined words with a single word or word combination.
1. They both laughed, feeling like two cheerful and not worried schoolgirls.
2. Some students choose to work in high-tech industries during their year between leaving school and going to university.
3. I don’t understand the reason for spending so much money on a car.
4. Sheila spends the money that she receives for doing her work on travelling.
5. Last summer the weather was very bad and unpleasant.
6. The company specializes in holidays for old people who have stopped working.
7. Your health can be damaged by smoking.
8. We discussed the advantages and disadvantages of going to university.
9. We have the right to travel nearly anywhere in the world.
10. Rebecca has gone to work in Africa and now she is having trouble getting used to a hot climate.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 114 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Ex. 1. Find the words from column B to match their description in column A.|||||Ex. 1. Find the words from column B to match their descriptions in column A.|