Exercises Gusak UNIT XVII p. 203-206
Put the verbs into the correct form.
1. We usually ... to the zoo on Sundays (to go).
2. Dennis ... at the moment (to speak). Don't bother him.
3. I ... John yesterday and ... him his book (to visit, to return).
4. Vivian ... in a few minutes (to come). Let's wait for her.
5. The children ... this test since morning (to write). They are so tired.
6. Joyce ... just ... a cup (to break). Don't punish her.
7. Duncan ... his car himself before the mechanic came (to fix).
8. They ... the problem over when we came (to discuss).
9. Mr. Radford ... in the plane at this time next week (to fly).
10. Molly ... this pie by 5 o'clock. So, I hope the guests will enjoy it (to bake).
11. Mrs. Mulford ... her neighbour for a year before he moved to Kansas (to bother).
12. Ian ... for this firm for twenty years next July (to work).
13. Archie and I always ... our holidays on the Black sea coast (to spend).
14. Diana ... the letters from John yesterday morning (to receive).
15. Mona and Kate ... the papers soon (to bring). Wait a little, please.
16. Basil ... heartily (to laugh). Just look at him. He is really happy.
17. We ... for him when he met us (to wait).
18. My sister ... at the lecture at this time tomorrow (to sit).
19. The Todds ... a new house before they moved here (to sell).
20. Mr. McCormack ... already ... his new project (to begin).
21. Lindsay ... her exams by the end of June this year (to take).
22. Keith ... in the swimming pool since morning (to swim). Call him for dinner.
23. Debra and I ... for ten minutes before father stopped us (to argue).
24. Mrs. Pulley ... for half a day until her husband comes (to cook).
25. Cleve usually ... the furniture on Sundays (to polish).
26. Jill ... all the vegetables yesterday (to peel).
27. My cat ... high in a minute (to jump).
28. Robins ... all over Great Britain (to live).
29. Mary has just called. ... she ... soon here (to be)? Oh, yes. She will.
30. Abraham ... a poem at the moment (to recite). Just listen to it.
31. My uncle ... fairy tales to the kids when we came in (to read).
32. His nephews ... on the beach at this time next year (to lie).
33. Vera ... not ... for Australia yet. But she hopes she ... (to leave, to go).
34. Gorillas ... 200 kilograms (to weigh).
35. Taras ... all the leaves before his mother woke up (to shovel).
36. Alec and Cleve ... the match by the time we come there (to win).
37. The Foxwells ... their villa for two years (to redecorate). I think it's time to stop.
38. Tracy was red when I saw her. She ... (to jog).
39. By next year Patrick ... Arabic for five years (to learn).
40. Last year Cleve ... all group mates for his anniversary (to gather).
Choose the correct answer.
1. Rhys ... in this lake since morning.
a) is fishing b) has been fishing c) had been fishing
2. The Campbells usually ... their holiday on Caribbean’s.
a) spend b) are spending c) have been spending.
3. Celia cannot come to the phone because she ... a shower.
a) has been having b) was being having c) is having
4. Our cat ... two mice last week.
a) catches b) had caught c) caught
5. Debra ... tea when we entered the room.
a) had been drinking b) was drinking c) drank
6 .Ian ... just ... his project and is going to start a new one.
a) has finished b) has been finishing c) finished
7. Mr. Hanson ... as a pilot before he became a cosmonaut.
a) has been working b) worked c) had worked
8. Karen and Vera ... for an hour before I stopped them.
a) have been arguing b) had been arguing c) were arguing
9. Mrs. Chilton knows she ... this book for sure.
a) has sold b) sold c) will sell
10. In a month Joe ... in this hotel for a year.
a) will had been working b) will have been working c) will have worked
11. My sister and I always ... the same hairdresser.
a) are visiting b) visit c) have visited
12. Ruth ... all meals by that time next Tuesday.
a) will be cooking b) will have been cooking c) will have cooked
13. Mr. Walsh ... everything before we came.
a) brought b) had brought c) has brought
14. They ... him now and ... his voice.
a) see, hear b) are seeing, are hearing c) saw, heard
15. Mrs. Grubbs ...the dishes when I saw her.
a) washed b) had been washing c) was washing
16. My aunt ... for a job for three months but still cannot find it.
a) has looked b) has been looking c) looked
17. The sparrow ... flies and other insects.
a) eat b) is eating c) eats
18. All people at the demonstration ... slogans and flags last week.
a) carried b) were carrying c) have been carrying it.
19. Mrs. Ford ... the portrait of her husband for a year before she exhibited
a) had been painting. b) had painted c) was painting
20. Sandra Bullock ... just ... a gold and two silver medals.
a) has won; b) had won; c) will have won;
21. The children ... in the lake while I was watching them.
a) bathed b) were bathing c) have been bathing
22. The cows ... less milk last winter.
a) have been giving b) gave c) have given
23. The trees ... for a week. What a nice picture it is!
a) have been blooming b) bloom c) have bloomed
24. Carol ... in her car when I saw her yesterday.
a) whooshes b) whooshed c) was whooshing
25. In May Jeanette ... for this firm for ten years.
a) will have been working b) has been working c) had worked
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 137 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|I. Choose the correct form of the verb.|||||Chapter I.|