|1) owe money to someone||a) pollute|
|2) a thing that you do to help sb||b) fluent|
|3) to become a member of an organization, company, club etc||c) destination|
|4) to get money for work that you do||d) debt|
|5) to make air, water, soil etc dirty or dangerous||e) path|
|6) be worried or upset||f) crowded|
|7) the natural world in which people, animals and plants live||g) desire|
|8) a narrow track that people walk along||h) favour|
|9) able to speak or write a language very well without stopping or making mistakes||i) earn|
|10) to make a firm decision to do sth||j) carefree|
|11) a strong wish to do or have sth||k) be bothered|
|12) someone who likes sth very much and does it a lot||l) escape|
|13) the place that you are travelling to||m) join|
|14) to get away from a place or situation||n) addict|
|15) full of people or things||o) be determined to do sth|
|16) having no worries or responsibilities||p) environment|
Ex. 2. Match synonymous words and expressions.
|1) gap year||a) stop sb liking sth|
|2) awful||b) be on good terms with sb|
|3) salary||c) run away|
|4) put sb off sth||d) a year long break|
|5) addiction||e) destroy|
|6) escape||f) typical|
|7) wood||g) terrible|
|8) normal||h) dependence|
|9) ruin||i) run after|
|10) get on well with sb||j) forest|
|11) chase||k) wage|
Ex. 3. Match antonymous words.
|1) awful||a) unusual|
|2) mess||b) empty|
|3) normal||c) stay|
|4) save||d) troubled|
|5) escape||e) wonderful|
|6) willingness||f) restore|
|7) carefree||g) spend|
|8) crowded||h) order|
|9) ruin||i) unwillingness|
Ex. 4. Complete the charts below. Mind some spelling changes.
|1. norm 2. ---- 3. stress 4. addict 5. ----||---- wooden ---- ---- environmental||1. ---- 2. sail 3. ---- 4. consult 5. ----||pollution ---- readjustment ---- reference|
Ex. 5. Complete the sentences with one of the words from Ex. 4.
1. Is this cold weather … for the time of the year?
2. It takes time to … after a divorce.
3. Moving to a new house is a very … experience.
4. Air … can cause breathing problems for some people.
5. We went for a walk in the ….
6. Ben’s father was a …, he spent most of his life at sea.
7. What does all this … to in the third sentence?
8. He’s left his job as a computer programmer and is working as a … for a German firm.
9. My nephew is a complete video game ….
10. Some of these companies are polluting and destroying the ….
Ex. 6. A. Use the right word from the box to complete each collocation.
|huge, stressful, crowded, drug, wild, money|
1. A … lifestyle may lead to a number of medical problems.
2. Her father’s last years were difficult, he had some … worries.
3. It was not a good time to go sightseeing around a … city.
4. When he left university, he had … debts.
5. He was never bothered by … animals.
6. At 20 Steve was a … addict, unemployed and lonely.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 177 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Ex. 1. Find the words from column B to match their description in column A.|||||B. Use a verb from the box in the correct form to complete each collocation.|