astronaut caretaker cashier chef diver driving instructor
engineer estate agent farmer lawyer lifeguard |
The group of people I was friendly with at college have all got very different jobs.
1. Elena was very beautiful and slim. You’ve probably seen her wearing expensive clothes on the covers of magazines. She’s a ___model_______.
2. Naomi is a __________. She helps people who have problems speaking. Sometimes they’ve had an accident or an illness, and sometimes they were born with the problem.
3. Jo’s a __________. He’s got a lot of fruit trees and he also keeps sheep and cows.
4. Steve is a __________ in a bank. He loves counting money!
5. Tony looks after a big block of flats. He says being a __________ is great because he gets his own free flat with the job.
6. Sandra is always in her car. She’s a __________. Everyone she teaches passes their test first time.
7. Rose is a __________. At the moment she flies a small plane from London to Paris three times a week.
8. Bob has the most unusual job. He’s an __________. His ambition is to set up a new space station.
9. Tom is an __________. He helps people to buy and sell houses and flats.
10. Katie is a __________ in a big hotel. I’ve never eaten there but people say the food is amazing.
11. Alex repairs oil rigs underwater. He is a deep-sea __________.
12. Karen is a __________. She used to spend a lot of time in court but now she helps people sort out property and money when they get divorced.
13. Glenn is an __________ with a big telephone company. When people have problems with their phones, they call him.
14. I had to have an operation on my knee last year. My friend Luisa is a __________ at the Fleming Hospital and she did it.
15. Ben loves the sea. He owns a surfing shop and he also works as a __________ on a big beach in Cornwall. Last summer he saved a little boy from drowning.
Read the following job ads and answer the questions:
1. What is the job that is advertised?
2. Where is the job located?
3. What duties does this worker have?
4. What is the hourly wage?
5. When does the job start?
6. Who do you send your application to?
|Cook wanted immediately for busy restaurant in Cambridge, Ontario. Duties include preparing and cooking full course meals, including some desserts, order supplies and equipment and maintain inventory. Some menu planning required. College training preferred. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. $11.00 to $13.75 an hour, 40 hours a week. Fax applications to Kim Price, 519-555-4545.|
|Human resources generalist wanted, Red Deer, Alberta Full-time, permanent, salary to be negotiated. Responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing and evaluating human resources policies and programs. Completion of university degree required, human resources professional certification preferred. Three to five years’ experience required. Start date: November 15. Email applications to Jed MacKay firstname.lastname@example.org|
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 836 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Ex. 4 The Funny Noise|||||Make prepositional phrases to complete the sentences, using one word or phrase from each column. Use each phrase only once.|