Player 1: You shouldn't have interfered in her affairs.
Player 2: You shouldn't have interfered in her affairs
and made a mess of everything. Player 3: You shouldn't have interfered in her affairs
and made a mess of everything and persisted
in going there. Player 4: You shouldn't have interfered in her affairs,
made a mess of everything ... (This player
makes a memory mistake and so is out.) Player 5: (beginning again) You shouldn't have lost your
(temper). Player 6: You shouldn't have lost your temper and reported him to the Dean.
And so on, with everybody, apart from Player 4, still in the game. Set a time limit depending on a number of students in your group and on how long your list of verbs is. The last player left is the winner.
Hints: You could play further rounds with different
starters, for example:
You should have asked more questions.
You should have asked more questions and worked harder.
You should have asked more questions, worked harder and read more books.
(A list of verbs is to be composed by the teacher in
Ex460. Translate into English
1. С какой стати мне не доверять им? 2. Невероятно, что он может верить в такую чушь. 3. Что же, мне лгать лишь ради приличий? 4. — Где дети? — Где же им еще быть, как не в постели? Уже 11 часов вечера. 5. Ужасно, что ты так презираешь людей беднее тебя.
6. Не вижу причин, почему вы должны расстаться. 7. Было странно, что такая молоденькая девушка одевалась как старушка. 8. И чего это он вдруг позвонил мне? 9. Странно, что она влюбилась в этого ловеласа. 10. — Не следовало тебе вмешиваться. — Откуда мне было знать, что все так серьезно? 11. Забавно, что она выглядит такой важной. 12. Ну где же мне еще быть, как не здесь? 13. Есть нечто, что мне следовало сказать тебе вчера. Я собирался несколько раз, но мужество покинуло меня. 14. Не следовало тебе настаивать. Тебе следовало сразу понять, что случай безнадежный.
Ex 461. Read and translate the sentences Comment on the form meaning of the verb would
1. He had a wound that wouldn't heal. 2. The boy said he wouldn't eat up his porridge. 3. Jessica cried that she wouldn't go to bed without her teddy bear. 4. He would say over and over again that he wouldn't leave his father till he was better. He wouldn't agree to leave him to the care of the nurses. 5. If you would be happy for a week, take a wife; if you would be happy for a month kill a pig; but if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden. 6. Tired though she was, sleep wouldn't come to her. 7. He knew that one day he would win the world. 8. The monks would rise at four and pray and pray and pray. 9. She would often lie awake for a long time after she had gone to bed, thinking and planning. 10. Sometimes Bessie would come up to my lonely bedroom, bringing a piece of cake, sometimes she would tell me a story, and sometimes she would kiss me goodnight. 11. — Someone's knocking at the door. — That would be the Pest Control man. 12. Not for love or money would he do it! 13. — Would you help me? — I would be delighted to do it! 14. Why she has to go I don't know, for she wouldn't say. 15. Once again, fate would intervene and change Norris's course. 16. It would be such an honour if you would attend our party. 17. They used to be our regular customers. 18. She didn't use to be like that. 19. Did you use to have long hair?
Ex. 462.Use would to express:
1) a wish
Model: You are impolite. — / wish you would be polite.
1. Ted is lazy. 2. Betty is so stubborn. 3. Monica isn't my friend. 4 He isn't trustworthy. 5. Nelly isn't hardworking. 6. She doesn't agree with me.
Model: They aren't here yet. — You would think that they've got lost.
1. She's blushing. 2. He's out -of breath. 3. They are scared. 4. The sky is black. 5. She's trembling like a leaf-6. He's complaining all the time.
3) an assumption
Model' Someone's coming to paint the ceiling. — That would be the decorator.
1. Someone's coming to clean the windows. 2. Someone's coming to repair the car. 3 Someone's coming to collect the rent. 4. Someone's coming to mend the television. 5. Someone's coming to unblock the sink. 6. Someone's coming to read the meter.
Ex 463. Read the text and translate it. If you've ever had any experience of the same kind, speak about it
Дата добавления: 2015-07-11; просмотров: 67 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|Should I Ask Her Out?|||||Ex. 464. A. Insert used to or would.|