1. Give words defined by the following:
1) a person with authority to maintain discipline, the head of a department of studies;
2) charge or payment for professional advice or services; cost of examination;
3) a right, opportunity or means of reaching, using and approaching;
4) a list of times for doing things;
5) a list of all the courses of study offered by a university;
6) the principal field of study of a student at a university;
7) to get or gain smth. such as trait or ability;
8) a person who applies, a candidate;
9) required by laws;
10) permission to enter;
11) an instruction;
12) person who has been awarded the first degree from a university.
2. Choose the appropriate word from the brackets.
1) My daughter wants to … in a small college in our city. (enroll/ go/ attend)
2) My sister has several opportunities to get a university degree, but she wants to talk this … with our parents. (back/ over/ into)
3) My son is working really hard to…good grades and work part-time, but it is difficult. (analyze/ conserve/ maintain)
4) She received a …to pay for university expenses, so things should be easier for her now. She doesn’t have to worry about paying back any money either. (scholarship/
5) So what is your … at university? Someone told me you were studying management or something like that. (major/ teacher/ class)
3. Fill in the missing word to complete the sentences below:
1) The Belarusian system of … education includes educational and research institutions that use unified standards in the processes of teaching, management, assessment and research.
A) higher b) secondary c) post-graduate
2) In 2002 a … system of higher education was introduced in Belarus.
A) three-stage b) four-stage c) two-stage
3) Those who have successfully completed their studies may be given a … degree.
A) Master’s b) Bachelor’s c) Doctor’s
4) …. carries out fundamental research in natural sciences, humanities and other sciences.
A) Academy b) University c) Institute
5) All educational establishments are subordinate to the …. of the Republic of Belarus.
A) President b) Ministry of Education c) Government
6) …. forms of learning are available at Belarusian higher educational establishments.
A) Three b) Two c) Four
7) To obtain free education a person has to successfully pass the compulsory centralized testing in … admission disciplines.
A) two b) three c) four
8) … form of learning is for those with secondary education, who cannot leave their workplace.
A) full-time b) evening c) part-time
9) … disciplines constitute a major portion of disciplines in the curriculum structure.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-10; просмотров: 155 | Нарушение авторских прав
|<== предыдущая страница|||||следующая страница ==>|
|READING|||||Agreement and Disagreement|